Bad Wolf Roleplay
Hey! Welcome! Please register, it would be amazing if you did!
Bad Wolf Roleplay
Hey! Welcome! Please register, it would be amazing if you did!
Bad Wolf Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Wolf Roleplay

This forum will provide a place for people to come together and roleplay.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Lieutenant Adventures 2021 Specials
RP TIPS ENJOY I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2021 10:23 pm by The Lieutenant

» Site Update
RP TIPS ENJOY I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2021 1:08 pm by The Poet

» Lieutenant Adventures Series 15
RP TIPS ENJOY I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 2:50 pm by The Lieutenant

» Something old, Something new...
RP TIPS ENJOY I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 4:58 pm by The Poet

» Lieutenant Adventures Teaser and Announcement
RP TIPS ENJOY I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 1:57 pm by The Lieutenant

» Lieutenant Adventures 2020 Specials
RP TIPS ENJOY I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 5:49 pm by The Lieutenant

» Lieutenant Adventures Series 14
RP TIPS ENJOY I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2020 10:53 am by The Lieutenant

» Lieutenant Adventures Series 13
RP TIPS ENJOY I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 11:45 am by The Lieutenant

» Lieutenant Adventures Prequel 25 June 2019
RP TIPS ENJOY I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 11:21 am by The Lieutenant

» Lieutenant Adventures 2019 Specials Part 1
RP TIPS ENJOY I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 12:14 pm by The Lieutenant

» Lieutenant Adventures Series 12
RP TIPS ENJOY I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 12:09 pm by The Lieutenant

» Lieutenant Adventures Announcement - A Death has Occurred.
RP TIPS ENJOY I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 6:52 am by The Lieutenant

» Susan and the Lieutenant
RP TIPS ENJOY I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 7:22 pm by The Lieutenant

» Susan Campbell
RP TIPS ENJOY I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 7:45 pm by The Lieutenant

» Hullo, new here!
RP TIPS ENJOY I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 8:46 pm by Susan Campbell

Top posters
The Poet
RP TIPS ENJOY I_vote_lcapRP TIPS ENJOY I_voting_barRP TIPS ENJOY I_vote_rcap 
The Lieutenant
Ood Omega/Exo
TaRDiS (I'm back!)
Koschei Oakdown
13th Doctor
The Ninth Doctor
SnowLeopard
The Seeker
Theta Sigma
Most Viewed Topics
FΛDΣ. (Open for everyone)
Lieutenant Adventures Series 10 Episode 1 17 June 2015. Kellie Departs.
Site Wide RP (The Planning Stage)
Trouble in the Ood Sphere
Silence on Silenta (Blu, Aria, and Poet)
Still not ginger... (finished)
Character Template
I fell asleep!? (Open)
List of Canon Characters
Summer Winds (dead)

RP TIPS ENJOY

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Poet
The Potato
The Potato
The Poet

Character sheet
First Character: The Poet
Second Character: Sadie Grayson
Third Character: Piper Falls

RP TIPS ENJOY Empty
PostSubject: RP TIPS ENJOY   RP TIPS ENJOY I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 1:22 pm

DISCLAIMER: these tips are not mine I got them from a different RP site. 
General Posting:

Now, I am not one of those long-post snobs who thinks that the only good post is 4 paragraphs at a minimum, but longer posts do tend to move an RP along much better than shorter ones.  Here I'll give you a few tips on how to lengthen out your posts and/or use them to help the flow of the RP.

1. Detail!  Oh what you can do with lovely, glorious detail!  Not only will your posts look longer, thereby giving the illusion of a better post, but it also helps immerse your RP partners (and yourself) in the world you're all (pretending to) inhabit.  When immersion increases, so does enjoyment.  Feel free to point stuff out that's happening around you, if you're the one leading the RP, or your character's specific reactions to things that other people have described.

2. Don't just be reactionary!  Add something with every post that you make.  And if you can't add anything through action, at the very least make a comment with some comedy or weight, depending on the situation.  Even if you're not leading a role play, per se, you're still a super important piece in it!  Remember that an RP is a team effort, and the story tellers don't want to be the only ones driving the story.  They've posed things to see what you guys are gonna do with them and where you're going to go from there.  Furthermore, if you only react to what others have done and dont add anything new to the game, other people find themselves with nothing to respond to.

3. Know your Role. Now, this isn't what you're thinking. When I say "Know your Role", I don't mean that you should understand your character. You SHOULD, but that's not what I mean in this tip. In any given RP thread, each person has a particular role to play in the unraveling of the story. Pretty much 9/10 threads will (or should) have either one or two separate roles/

Thread type A: Social mode. Type A threads are fairly simple: No bells or whistles, just two (or three or four) characters, in a predetermined environment, doing their thing. These types of threads usually include little more than talking and walking around, having some basic interactions with the world around them, and generally just being, well, social. Hence the title. In this mode, there is really only one character role: A participant. Since nothing major is happening, everyone can basically handle their own actions, and anything that happens in the world should be minor enough that it won't cause any conflicts anyway.

Thread type B: Story mode. Story mode is just what it sounds like. There is a story to be told in these threads, and they usually include something happening. A challenge to be overcome by the characters within the thread. In some way, they're fighting against something, even if it isn't necessarily in a literal sense. A Story mode thread could be something as simple as an unknown planet in which strange things are happening, leaving a mystery to be solved, to a full out Dalek x Cybermen x Sontaran war, with Earth caught in the crossfire. This type of story calls for 2 types of people. Players and a Storyteller. Now, listen up, because this next part is extremely important.

THERE SHOULD ONLY EVER BE ONE STORYTELLER. In general, this is the person who started the thread, but it's usually pretty easy to know who the storyteller is. The storyteller is the one who controls the world. The Dungeonmaster. This person usually has a character involved in the roleplay as well (In fact, I believe on this site it is necessary to have a character in the thread in order to join the thread). Again, there should be ONLY ONE of these. If you're not the storyteller, you should NOT be controlling the world. And if you ARE the storyteller, it is your JOB to control the world. Having too many Storytellers will lead to confusion and conflicting events. Have none, and you'll just be wandering around not sure what to do.
Back to top Go down
https://dwrpplay.rpg-board.net

RP TIPS ENJOY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bad Wolf Roleplay  :: Roleplay :: Roleplay Help :: Roleplaying Tips-
Jump to: